Writing

Writing
Writing

Speaking

Speaking
Speaking

Ministry Resources

Ministry Resources
Ministry Resources

My Favorite Go-to Mama Resources

I read a lot of blogs.  Like...a lot.  Some I read while wearing my writer's hat.  I observe their writing styles and message to their audiences.  But most of the time, I read them wearing my mama hat.  I'm a reader, just like you.  As a first time mom I scoured the internet looking for all kinds of resources to help me adapt to my new role.  I wanted to know what was normal and what was not.  I liked reading about what other moms were doing and what was working for their children.   

Then after having my second child, my heart needed more encouragement than it did helpful tips. I needed to hear that I was normal and not going crazy.  I needed to hear that the hard days would pass in time and that there were other moms out there just like me who were struggling.   

There are so many resources out there for moms online, but not all of them are written by godly people who are versed in biblical teachings and parenting.  So today I wanted to take the time to share with you some of my go-to mama resources. 

Each of these is a blog or resource I use on a weekly basis.  Whether it's for parenting tips or encouragement on the hard days, these top my list and help to address a deeper need in my heart.  


In no particular order....














Sarah Mae

Credit: Sarah Mae


Sarah Mae-  Oh my goodness, I love me some Sarah Mae.  You want a mom who has been there and walked through the hard days?  Sarah is your girl.  Not only is she a fantastic writer, but she's not afraid to write about the hard stuff.  I have read both of her books, Desperate and Longing for Paris. Mama's, they are a must read!  Sarah makes you feel like she's in the room with you, both of you sipping on your favorite cup of coffee, and she just loves on you.  I highly recommend checking Sarah's site out. 






The Better Mom


Credit: The Better Mom


The Better Mom-  The Better Mom is a site I visit weekly.  Originally started by Ruth Schwenk as a resource for parenting tips and encouragement, The Better Mom now houses an entire team of contributing writers.  The Better Mom shares everything from encouraging blog posts to parenting advice to recipes and so much more.   

Here are some of my favorite posts from The Better Mom:












Women Living Well


Credit: Courtney Joseph of Women Living Well

Women Living Well- You may be familiar with Courtney Joseph of Women Living Well as well as her sister ministry Good Morning Girls.  Now the two have merged, creating an awesome resource for women on parenting, marriage, and women's ministry resources.   One of the things I love most about Women Living Well is their online Bible studies.  Their study on Acts really resonated with me.  If you're interested in learning more about their Bible studies and getting in The Word as a busy mom (or woman in general!) I really encourage you to check out Women Living Well.   











Club 31 Women

Credit: Lisa Jacobson of Club 31 Women


Club 31 Women  is another one of my favorite parenting resources.  When I go to Club 31 Women, I know I will find teachings that are filled with truth, encouragement and scripture.  There are so many helpful resources at Club 31 Women; from homemaking to parenting and even book reviews.  The founder, Lisa Jacobson and her team of writers recently did a series on strong-willed children that really encouraged me.  If you are looking for guidance in parenting that is strong in biblical teaching, check out this resource!








Becky Thompson

Credit: Becky Thompson



Becky Thompson of Scissortail Silk.  I feel like Becky and I are best friends and we've never met face to face.  Okay, we've never even talked at all.  But for me, that is the sign of a brilliant writer.  They bring you right into their world and you feel as if you know them well.  I go to Becky's blog on the hard days.  The days when I feel like I'm really failing at this motherhood thing.  The days when I feel like dirty diapers and tantrums will never end.  And she just gets me.  If you are a mom who needs lots of encouragement (who doesn't right?) then I would a million times ten recommend you head to Becky's blog and read her posts.  She just released her first book, Hope Unfolding, that I can't wait to pick up and read.  If she gets me, she'll get you.  Check her out.  




Well there you have it!   My favorite go-to mama resources.  Of course, these are just a few of the resources and blogs out there, but it's certainly a list to get you started.  I would love to hear from you!



Do you follow any of these same blogs?

What are your go-to mama resources?


1 comment

  1. AnonymousJune 20, 2019

    There is certainly a great deal to know about this topic. I really like all the
    points you made.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.