Writing

Writing
Writing

Speaking

Speaking
Speaking

Ministry Resources

Ministry Resources
Ministry Resources

30 Things I Want to Do in My 30's


Today is my 30th birthday.   To say that time has flown by is an understatement.  Quite frankly, I couldn't wait to get out of my teens and go into my twenties because that was definitely an era I was ready to leave behind.  I wanted to grow up, start my life and settle into adulthood.  

So here I sit, not officially thirty until the clock turns 5:03pm, basking in the last moments of my twenties.  There were so many great things that happened in my twenties. Getting married, having my girls, going to a job I love everyday, buying a house, cultivating what God was calling me to do with my life, and the list goes on.

All week I've joked with friends and family about living up my last days as a twenty-something.  But the truth?  I'm extremely excited about going into my thirties.  (shhh...don't tell anyone!)

I'm looking forward to my thirties for a lot of reasons. I feel like my thirties are going to be such a great time to really cultivate the plans that God has for my life. To really dive deeper in my relationships with those around me. To see the fruit of my labor within my ministry work, including my first ministry of being a wife and mom.

There are so many things I want to accomplish in my thirties.  The best part of that being that I'm not so afraid anymore.  Thirty comes with a little more courage and a little more boldness.  So I'm not so afraid to mess up because life has already taught me that at some point I will.  I'm not as afraid to step out in faith or to fail.  After living some years and seeing God's provision, I know that He will work all things together for my good.  (Romans 8:28)


So in light of today, I thought I would share with you thirty things I want to do in my thirties.  In no particular order, here we go...








1.  Go on a mission trip 
2.  Vacation in the Caribbean
3.  Take my girls to Disney World
4.  Visit New York City 
5.  Begin a mentoring program in my church
6.  Take a family road trip in an RV to visit places across the US
7.  Get my life coaching certification 
8.  Make some new friends
9.  Pour into the women around me 
10.  Find a mentor 
11.  Mentor someone else 
12.  Release unforgiveness I've been holding onto 
13.  Experience healing from my anxiety 
14.  Skydive (if I only have the guts to indoor skydive does it still count?)
15.  Go deeper in my friendships 
16.  Listen more, talk less
17.  Have people over to my house more often for coffee or dinner 
18.  Memorize more scripture 
19.  Give more grace to others
20.  Try new foods 
21.  Prioritize my relationship with my husband and my girls
22.  Teach my girls the value of prayer
23.  Worry less about the number I see on a scale
24.  Really believe who my identity is in Christ
25.  Help and equip other women for their God-given callings
26.  Take a trip to The Holy Land.  
27.  Cultivate my calling for ministering to women 
28.  Write a book.  
29.  Commit to getting healthy: mind, body, and soul.  
30.  Start a non-profit ministry


So there you have it!  This list was so much fun to come up with.  What about you?  Do you ever set goals for yourself on your birthday? 

No comments

Powered by Blogger.