Writing

Writing
Writing

Speaking

Speaking
Speaking

Ministry Resources

Ministry Resources
Ministry Resources

Within My Soul It's Stirring

I took a break from blogging and writing after my husband Brian and I found out we were expecting our first baby.  {Screams with excitement!}  We just decided to spend some time taking in the news and sharing with family and friends.  I also didn't have the energy to do much of anything!   But I've got a lot of new ideas up my sleeve and I'm ready to get back into writing.  Here's my newest post on feeling Holy Spirit stir in our hearts. 


It was there.  I could feel it.  It wasn’t going away.  Send her a message and tell her.  Don’t push this aside, do it now.  The feeling wasn’t going away. Do it now.  But she’s probably busy and won’t answer back.  It doesn’t matter, tell her anyway. 
“Hey girl. 
I just wanted to let you know what a blessing you are. You can get through anything.  You’re one of the strongest people I know. I love you.”  
Thank you girl.”  


It was all she said back, but she didn’t need to say another word.  The past few months had been difficult and she had been so strong through it all.  But that morning I just felt like I needed to tell her that.  I went on about my day, but kept my precious friend in the back of my mind.

Have you ever felt the Holy Spirit urge you to do something?  Urge you to make a call, send an e-mail, or visit someone you haven’t seen in awhile?

Some call it ESP.  Some call it chance.  But for me, it’s the Holy Spirit all the way.  There are times when the Holy Spirit begins turning in our hearts, guiding us to take action for something or someone.

 A little over a year ago, several tornadoes caused utter devastation among our small community.  Some lost everything they had and the community felt helpless as our citizens tried to pick up the pieces of their lives in the following days and weeks.  But then something happened. Neighbors pitched in to clean up the surrounding devastation.  Goods were donated and fundraisers started to help the families who had lost so much.  The presence of God was undeniable.

 The Holy Spirit moved us as a community.


So, how do you know it’s the Holy Spirit?

Well, I can only answer that question through my own perspective.  For me, it feels like a tug on my heart.  It’s almost as if something is stirring in me, though I have no idea what or for what reason.  The text I sent that morning to my friend wasn’t for me.  It was a message through me, but something she must have needed to hear.  I’m not sure.  God laid it on my heart to show her that I loved her and that more importantly, He loved her.

Another example?

For months I battled {and yes I use the word battled because I certainly did} with the call to begin writing as a ministry.  As a young girl I loved to write short stories and poems, but as an adult that desire went deeper.  This time, I felt God telling me to turn my passion into a ministry. It was like something that wouldn’t leave me alone, in a good way!

Once I finally realized and obeyed God’s call, it was like a weight lifted from my shoulders.


Photo Credit: Pinterest

I can only share with you how it feels for me.  For you, it may feel totally different.

Maybe you’ve felt the Holy Spirit urging you to consider a special calling, or to make a new change in your life?

Maybe it’s offering to pay for someone else’s groceries at the grocery store?  It could be sending a simple text or e-mail to a friend or loved one to remind them how much we care for them.  At the end of the day, it may not be us that God is trying to reach; we may just be a messenger of His love to another person.

And sometimes God is trying to reach us.  To show us a different perspective, to tell us to let go of something that’s hindering our walk with Him, to forgive someone for a wrongdoing.  Only you can know.

The world of the generous gets larger and larger;
the world of the stingy gets smaller and smaller.
The one who blesses others is abundantly blessed;
those who help others are helped.
Proverbs 11:24-25 (The Message)

I would love for you to share with me some things you have felt the Holy Spirit guide you to do.  Big or small, I would love to hear them all!

Blessings friends,
Amanda

No comments

Powered by Blogger.