Writing

Writing
Writing

Speaking

Speaking
Speaking

Ministry Resources

Ministry Resources
Ministry Resources

Celebrating One Year of ITBL

This weekend marks the one year anniversary of this blog ministry.  I sincerely can't believe a year has gone by!  This blog started in my heart long before I ever typed a single word on the computer. I can still remember the fear that I felt hitting post for the first time. 

Will anyone read it?
 
What if what I write doesn't make sense?
 
 
What if this isn't what God called me to do?
 
 
I had written so many posts and devotionals in my head while driving in my car it was ridiculous.  I know they often say that as a writer the moment you have a thought you should write it down, but not while driving right?!  But I did need to find the courage to finally publish my writing.  Especially because I feel that writing as a ministry is what God called me to do as one of His sheep.
 
 
The first devotional I ever hit post on was on the topic of fear.  I myself was battling with the fear of rejection at the time; battling with the fear that my thoughts and my calling would be rejected by others. 
 
I've read so many posts by other great bloggers that say that you should never blog for anyone but yourself.  It should be your thoughts, your message, an outlet for yourself.  If someone happens to read it, then great!  If not, oh well.  While I agree with that to some extent, here's why I disagree slightly to that thought process.
 
 
I write for you. 
 
 
Photo Credit: The Writer's Coin
 
 
You. 
 
You sitting on the other side of the computer screen right now. 
 
I write about things that I think you've been through.  I write about things that I think you'll go through.  I write for you because I know what's it like to read someone else's words and feel like they're talking directly to you.  That feeling is one of the many reasons I started this blog ministry. 
 
I don't want to shy away from writing about the hard stuff because life as we know it, isn't always sunny.  Everything and I mean EVERYTHING I write about has a piece of my heart in it because I am drawing from something personal.  I may not always know why I'm challenged to write what I write, that is all God, but I do know that He has you, the reader, reading those words for a reason. 
 
I want to write about topics like fear, trust, and control because those are topics that in my Christian walk I deal with all the time.  I want you on the journey with me. 
 
 
When I was little I wrote a short story called "The Magic Lunchbox."  It was about a boy who was transported into a time warp to "Healthy Food Land."  No, I'm not making this up.  (Insert laughter here)  It was short and sweet.  It had a positive message.  And yes, I illustrated it as well.  And no, you can't see my wonderful drawings!  (Feel free to laugh here too.)
 
I can assure you that I won't be writing any posts about being transported to a healthy food land, but I can assure you that with every piece I write, I think of you. 
 
 
I'd like to take a moment and say thank you to all of you on the other side of the screen.  Thank you for reading my words.  Thank you for commenting on my posts and allowing me to realize that my words are read. But mostly, thank you for allowing me to live out my calling and sharing that  journey with me.     
 
 
 
Are there topics you want to see more of on this blog?
 
Feel free to leave a comment, or send me a private e-mail (check out the contact me section) and let me know.  I want to hear from you!
 
 
 
 
 
Here's to many more posts and many more years Into the Beautiful Life!
 
 
Blessings,
Amanda
 
     
 
 

 
 
 


No comments

Powered by Blogger.