Writing

Writing
Writing

Speaking

Speaking
Speaking

Ministry Resources

Ministry Resources
Ministry Resources

Week 1-Accepting the Challenge

They say that the hardest part of starting a race is well, starting it.  The hardest part of beginning any challenge is actually saying yes and committing to it.  That couldn't be more true for me.

I remember the exact moment I finally gave this over to the Lord.  He had been working on me for weeks and weeks, and I had wrestled back and forth with Him for the majority of that time.  I am so glad that God is always patient with His children, because I sure was not making it easy on either of us.

I just didn't think God would convict me so strongly over my health choices.  But He did.

I remember finally surrendering to Him and one night while I was getting ready for bed,  I  literally cried out Lord, if this something you want me to do, something you truly want me to change, I need you to literally get in my face with it.  Show me through scripture, through songs, through others examples.  Show me this is what you're calling me to do at this moment in my life.

Cause see, I'm a visual learner.  I wanted God to just put it right in front of me.  I was already challenging myself in other ways to be radically obedient to God, but I never put two and two together when it came to my health.  God lined up scriptures for me.  My devotionals spoke directly to choosing to be obedient.  Songs like Mandisa's Overcomer became my daily encouragement.  God was requesting something from me and He was making it clear what it was.

Trust me.  


I truly felt God speaking to me to trust Him with the challenge He had set before me.  I needed to hand it over to Him and trust that He will take care of me during this process.  He was asking me to trust that through Him I can do all things and by His grace, I cannot fail at this.


I also felt Him nudging me to make my challenge public.  My dear friend on the other side of the screen right now, it is not easy for me to let you in on this journey, but I want to.  I want us to challenge each other, in whatever way we need to to grow.  Are you in with me?  I'd love for you to join me in this 5 week challenge, or create your own.


And friends, please pray for me throughout this challenge.  Pray for me to have the perseverance to complete it!


Here is my week 1 memory verse:


"Though one may be overpowered; 


two can defend themselves.


A cord of three strands is not quickly broken."


Ecclesiastes 4:12 


What speaks to you about this verse?


I'll be back in a few days with a video blog about how week 1 went!


LAyear2framelarger-1024x694

1 comment

  1. So True Amanda, When God gives you that nagging feeling, We know hes trying to tell us something. I enjoy your sharings, Don't let Brooke see that word. Ha Love you and so proud of you, Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.